Advance / Bypad Audit
ADVANCE audit is a precious tool of certification aimed at improving the process of SUMP (Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan) elaboration. This methodology is focused in highlighting the strengths and weaknesses of the current mobility planning from an analysis in which all the main mobility actors get fully involved. From this participated diagnosis surge clear and practical proposals for improving the quality of the mobility in the city.
The objective of ADVANCE audit is systematizing the mobility planning through the following points:
- Evaluation of the urban mobility plans and policies;
- Identification of strengths and weaknesses of the current mobility system;
- Prioritization of proposals for improvement, working together with all the parts implied: Municipal departments such as mobility, urbanism, environment, etc.; transport operators, police, associations and social or professional groups;
- Elaboration of an ADVANCE Action Plan that will be used as a basis for a new SUMP or updating the existing one.
Therefore, all the benefits obtained by the cities that participate in the Advance certification process can be summarised in the following points:
- Obtaining of an Action Plan to apply all the proposed measures
- Benchmarking with other European cities
- Improvement of the image of the city related to innovation and sustainability
- Obtaining of the Advance certification
Cities, Towns and Regions can evaluate the quality of their cycling policy themselves with BYPAD by using a strengths and weaknesses analysis. Simultaneously, they receive concrete suggestions on how they can improve their cycling policy in future.
The entire quality chain consists of 9 modules which all together ensure a balanced cycling policy. Every module obtains a separate quality score. Together they reflect the quality level of the cycling policy in a town, city or region. Based on this quality score a bicycle action plan is prepared.
Responsible policy-making is rewarded. After completion of the BYPAD audit, the town, city or region receives the BYPAD quality label and the BYPAD certificate. Both confirm the active commitment of political decision-makers, administrative bodies and citizens to a modern, high-quality cycling policy.
At the end of the BYPAD certification process, the city that has participated receives a report that includes the defined action plan with all the proposals designed to improve cycling mobility.